The Media Composer Fundamentals class (MC101) is the first step in achieving confidence, creativity, and efficiency with Avid Media Composer, the non-linear film/video editing application used in most movie and television productions. Together with the second course in the series, Media Composer Fundamentals II (MC110), this class provides the foundational training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified Specialist.
- Course Options: Self Study, or Live one-on-one Training
- Course Length: 16 hours (flexible training schedule) – weekends, evenings, etc.
- Recommended # hours per session: 3 hrs per day.
- *This course can also be customized to your specific workflow environment.
We have self-study or LIVE One-on-One training Options.
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
- Broadcast Engineers
- Access to a FULL Version of Avid Media Composer (preferably Avid Media Composer Ultimate). You can download a FREE TRIAL.
- Knowledge of Windows or Macintosh operating system.
- Supported CPU and Operating System that will run Avid Media Composer. Please read a list of supported configurations.
- A minimum of 16GB of RAM.
- A three button mouse
- 100GB of Free HD space for practice media
- A background or experience in editing, production, or post-production is recommended
- Launch Media Composer
- Identify and understand the function of the primary Media Composer tools and windows
- Create/Open a project using standard SD and HD formats
- Import/Link to media
- Create project bins, as needed
- Organize clips by moving them from one bin to another
- Create a sequence, and add or remove tracks as needed
- Add clips to the sequence using Splice and Overwrite, or equivalent SmartTool functions
- Remove sequence material using Lift and Extract, or equivalent SmartTool functions
- Use Trim mode and SmartTool trim tools to change the length of sequence clips
- Adjust the audio level (clip gain) of clips in the sequence
- Add basic effects to sequence clips
- Add transition effects to the sequence
- Create and add static titles
- Use automatic color correction to improve the appearance of video clips
- Export the finished sequence as a high-quality video file, or for uploading to the web
- Adjust basic settings relating to the media creation and user preferences
- Locate Media Composer project and media files
- Delete unwanted media files, and all media at the completion of the edit process