SketchUp Pro Essentials Topics
These topics are designed in conjunction with the official SketchUp learning platform to provide a fast understanding and a working knowledge of SketchUp. How it works. How to use it. What you can do with it. SketchUp is a user friendly 3D, graphic, design and animation software package that can do almost anything an architect or designer needs.
If you are unfamiliar with SketchUp Pro and/or Layout check out the YouTube video to see what’s possible.
SketchUp enables you to draw using a familiar pencil and paper paradigm in a software context. The Mastering 3D Using SketchUp: Essentials One Training course provides students with an excellent choice for beginning to learn to use SketchUp. This course is intended for students with little or no 3-dimensional drawing or SketchUp experience, but who want to start to create 3-dimensional models using SketchUpThese modules are fair topics that can be covered within GeniusDV's 2 Day Hands-On SketchUp Pro Course.
|SketchUp Training Class ORLANDO, FL ($795)|
|Or call for 'Remote' Online Training|
or OnSite training (most dates available)
To be successful with learning these topics you should already be able to:
• Define fundamental geometric terms including: polygon, parallel, perpendicular, axes, arc, and array.
• Define 3-dimensional drawing terms including: rendering, field of view, and point of view.
• Demonstrate mouse skills including: double-click, single-click, drag, and right-click (context-click).
* You will need a basic 3-button scroll wheel mouse to use SketchUp efficiently.
Upon completion of these lessons will be able to:
• Create 2-dimensional (2D) geometry in a 3-dimensional (3D) environment
• Create surfaces from lines
• Create surfaces from circles
• Generate surfaces from polygons
• Generate surfaces from arcs
• Demonstrate stickiness of geometry
• Create 3-dimensional geometry
• View a model in 3D
• Create surfaces from lines in 3D
• Demonstrate stickiness of geometry in 3D
• Create geometry with the Push/Pull Tool
• Move entities to manipulate geometry
• Maintain coplanar geometry
• Connect and generate forms
• Lock inferences
• Generate forms quickly
• Restore/Heal a surface
• Create a model, step-by-step
• Mirror a model
• Create an array
• Apply materials
• Create 3D Text
• Import (download) models from the Google 3D Warehouse
• Alter a model using Styles
• Import site information (imagery and topography) from Google Earth
• Position and export models to Google Earth