Lumion is an incredible real-time 3D architectural visualization tool that’s being used for for architects, urban planners and designers. In particular, it is great for individuals who want to add realistic 3D visualization to their SketchUp projects.
When visualization is not your primary profession you need software that’s easy to pick up. The ease of use is what makes Lumion such an incredible product.
Click below for video renders using Lumion from our instructor.
This hands-on course is designed as a one-one-one training experience.We offer the following methods of training:
- 2 Day hands-on training (Orlando, FL)
- ‘Remote Online’ hands-on training
- On-site training for this course. One price for unlimited number of individuals.
Who should take this course?
Lumion is an essential tool for everyone who wants to visualize their building designs. It produces impressive, high quality videos very quickly and is extremely easy to master.
Our Lumion 3D course schedule is flexible. Course can also be scheduled in the evenings or weekends.
- Starting a project – Project Setup, Screen Layout
- Controlling the Camera
- Modeling Environment and Modifying Terrain
- Adding a Water Plane and/or Ocean
- Importing – Updating Models with Geometry
- Placing Content from the Library
- Moving, Adding, Deleting and Scaling Models
- Advanced Transformations
- Content Specific Properties
- Using Layers
- Assigning and Modifying Materials
- Saving Material Sets
- Merging Materials with Terrain
- Advanced Materials (Glass, Waterfalls, Self Illumination, Glows)
- Environment Settings
- Setting Sun Direction and Heigh
- Cloud Setting
- Environment Setting
- Adding / Modifying Light Fixture
- Creating Still Images
- Creating Animations
- Animating Objects
- Camera Presets
- Animating Camera Zoom
- Creating a camera Pan
- Speed of Clips
- Working with existing still images
- Importing an existing movie file
- Working with Filters
- Filter Specific Settings
- Adding Special Effects to Individual clips and entire movies
- Adding Multiple Effects
- Using Theater Mode Export and Rendering Options
- Rendering the final output as a movie file.
if you choose to have the course conducted remotely,
We recommend that you have some experience in 3D design software such as, Auto-Cad, Revit, Rhino, Maya, Cinema 4D or SketchUp before taking GeniusDV’s Lumion 3D course.
We teach the most current version of Lumion. Please watch both videos to see the capability of Lumion!
Lumion has customers in over 60 countries around the world. They include architects, designers, engineers, BIM modellers and universities. In particular if you are a SketchUp user, Lumion is the perfect compliment to for adding 3D visualization to your SketchUp projects.
You won’t believe what you can achieve on your first day of class.
These are actual screen grabs from the Lumion 3D software. Learn how to add animate a camera through your scene using Lumion 3D.