Avid Technology offers Pro Tools certifications through GeniusDV, which validates current Pro Tools users. Pro Tools certification is an industry standard for professionals.
Obtaining an Avid Certified Pro Tools User certification verifies that you possess the skills and capability to use Pro Tools to complete a project with all of the critical and operational skills to record, edit, mix and output a session.
To obtain Pro Tools certification, you must take two hands-on courses at one of our physical training facilities.
After completion of these courses you must pass the certification exams.
After becoming an Avid Certified Pro Tools User, this allows you to:
- Provide proof of your skills in audio editing, mixing, and music design to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers and competitors
- Use Avid’s Certified Pro Tools User Logo for business cards, website, and marketing materials.
- Proof of your Pro tools certification with your own online Certified Professional listing
Employers use the Avid Certified User status to:
- Find trusted candidates for open job opportunities.
- Quickly assess and users skill level
- Promote skilled and promising employees
- Keep systems Pro Tools stations running at top performance.
After you become a certified Pro Tools user can add to your credentials by pursuing more certifications. For example, you will have the opportunity to become and Avid Certified Operator, Avid Certified Expert, or Certified Support Engineer.
WHERE ARE COURSES OFFERED?
GeniusDV, currently offer the these courses in Orlando FL, or Detroit, MI or we can conduct the course in an one-on-one live online remote training environment.
What if I already know how to edit & mix in another application and just need to learn Pro Tools?
These certification courses are costumed designed engineers, producers, and those involved in the creation and delivery of digital audio. For those who are already familiar with other DAWs and mixing fundamentals these courses are designed to be taught in short 2 or 3 day hands-on intensive classes. Alternatively, these courses can also be conducted in an live one-on-one environment.
How much does certification cost?
The optional certification exam(s) are included in the price of the required courses.
Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes allotted to complete.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your resume, business marketing materials such as business cards and websites
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional
How long is certification good for?
Your Pro Tools certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.