Avid Technology offers Pro Tools certifications through GeniusDV, which validates current Pro Tools users. Pro Tools certification is an industry standard for professionals.
Obtaining an Avid Certified Pro Tools User certification verifies that you possess the skills and capability to use Pro Tools to complete a project with all of the critical and operational skills to record, edit, mix and output a session.
To obtain Pro Tools certification, you must take two hands-on courses at one of our physical training facilities.
After completion of these courses you must pass the certification exams.
After becoming an Avid Certified Pro Tools User, this allows you to:
- Provide proof of your skills in audio editing, mixing, and music design to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers and competitors
- Use Avid’s Certified Pro Tools User Logo for business cards, website, and marketing materials.
- Proof of your Pro tools certification with your own online Certified Professional listing
Employers use the Avid Certified User status to:
- Find trusted candidates for open job opportunities.
- Quickly assess and users skill level
- Promote skilled and promising employees
- Keep systems Pro Tools stations running at top performance.
PRO TOOLS COURSE FEES:
- Pro Tools 101 Fundamentals I $1500 USD
- Pro Tools 110 Fundamentals II $2250 USD
- PT 101, 110 Bundle – $3000 ( discounted)
- Onsite Training (flat fee) – call for pricing
- Optional Certification Exams are included with course enrollment.
- A full version of Pro Tools must be installed on your computer. Avid Technology provides a FULL 30 day trial of Pro Tools.
- You must have a Zoom account. Click here to download Zoom. The FREE version is fine.
- Please have a three button mouse, DO NOT attempt to use a track-pad.
- 16 Gigs of RAM is required.
- Consider purchasing a keyboard or skin that has the Pro Tools Shortcuts.
HOW ARE THE COURSES OFFERED?
We have studio locations in Detroit, MI and Miami, FL. However, the most common method is LIVE Remote Training.
WHAT IS THE TRAINING SCHEDULE?
The Schedule is Flexible, which can include mornings, evenings, and weekends. You will work out the schedule with your certified instructor directly.
We prefer to teach in 3 hour blocks, so you can maintain the information. There will be assignments and exercises in addition to the scheduled training hours.
PRO TOOLS CERTIFICATION
How much does certification cost?
The optional certification exam(s) are included in the price of the required courses.
To help you determine are level of knowledge to become an Avid Certified Pro Tools user, We have two free exams.
Pro Tools 101 Practice Test
Pro Tools 110 Practice Test
If you score less then 70% on either exam we highly recommend you take PT 101, and PT 110 courses to have a chance of passing both exams to become certified.
Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes allotted to complete.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless you are banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- You may retake an exam after 24 hours have passed.
- You have up to three opportunities to pass each exam.
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your resume, business marketing materials such as business cards and websites
- Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional
How long is certification good for?
The Pro Tools certification does not expire. You will be certified for a specific version of Pro Tools software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.