SketchUp Pro Course Overview
GeniusDV’s SketchUp training services make 3D modeling easy for anyone to learn. After attending a SketchUp training class you’ll be able to use the software to work under real-world time constraints. From broadcasters to architects and engineers, virtually every industry uses SketchUp to model and animate 3D objects and environments.
Our two-day SketchUp training covers the entire authorized curriculum, from how to open the software to the most advanced techniques. By the end of our course, you’ll be able to create, animate, and display 3D environments at a sophisticated level.
These modules are fair topics that can be covered within GeniusDV's 2 Day Hands-On SketchUp Pro Course.
|SketchUp Training Class ORLANDO, FL ($795)|
|Or call for 'Remote' Online Training|
or OnSite training (most dates available)
These modules are fair topics that can be covered within GeniusDV’s 2 Day Hands-On SketchUp Pro Course.
Recent Training Testimonial: “Hi John, I wanted to drop you a quick note to say how much I enjoyed my training last week with Katya. She is amazing! I’ve undergone a lot of different types of training during my 40-plus years of work-life – government, corporate, small business – and Katya is among the top three best trainers I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She’s patient and encouraging and always made me feel I was up to the challenge (even when I wasn’t so sure myself!). And she made it fun. This training was worth every penny. It’s going to make a big difference in the product I’m able to offer my clients. Warmest regards, Liz – Elizabeth Rand (cool CAD)
GeniusDV offers three methods for learning SketchUp Pro.
- Classroom Training (ORL, FL)
- Remote ‘online’ one-on-one training (instructor controls your computer)
- Nationwide On-Site Training (instructor travels to your faclity)
We offer our SketchUp course approximately every month at our Orlando classroom. We can also teach you at your own office. Please call (866)566-1881 for scheduling. Custom dates are available.
- Hands-on exercise driven training
- Certified courseware
- Ongoing support
- Framed certificate
- Licensed Landscape Architect’s in FL may receive 16 CE Credits.
- Starting a project
- Setting up a project preferences
- Geographically locate your project
- Creating a template
- Using lines, circles, polygons, arcs and surfaces to create 3D shapes
- Understanding edges and faces and how to avoid common mistakes
- Scale and precision
- Push -Pull, move and follow-Me tool
- Constraining object movement
- Using tape measure
- Scale and precision
- Using axes
- Views – Standard and their uses
- Camera tools – field of view, creating cameras, position camera
- Making/saving and editing scenes
- Layers – what they do and how to use them
- Making groups and components – what they do and how to use them
- Scenes – creating, modifying and updating
- Developing your project
- Advanced modeling
- Adding materials
- Creating animations
- Using Google 3D Warehouse
- Using Google Earth
- Applying materials
- Making new materials
- Adjusting material mapping on faces
- Mapping materials to curved surfaces
- Editing material
- Applying Styles
- Editing styles
- Creating styles
- Exporting 2D graphics
- Modeling organic objects
- Intersecting models
- Using Sections
- Using the Sandbox tools
- 3D Text
- Plug-in tools
- Using Google Warehouse
- Using Google Earth
- Smoothing of faces using both soften smooth edges and the eraser tool
- Photo match models
- Using AutoCAD files
- Exporting models to Photoshop CS4
- Making animations from scenes
- Scenes – Transitions and delays
- Export settings – frame sizes
- Frame rates
Katya Kean is a freelance professional SketchUp designer that specializes in designing hyper realistic models for Google Earth. She has taught classes in SketchUp for companies such as Walt Disney Imagineers, Architectural firms, Major Dept Stores, City planners, educational facilities, and technology companies.
Matt Donley is the founder of MasterSketchUp.com, a popular online resource for learning SketchUp. He is also the author of the book SketchUp to LayOut. Matt uses his experience in the construction industry to help him connect with other construction professionals who are interested in learning SketchUp and LayOut.
Steve Gross is a SketchUp Trainer and software beta tester. Steve uses SketchUp on most of his major projects, including the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park and the new Transformers theme park ride at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Helen Ammon is a visual storyteller and specializes in designing scenic environments. Based out of NYC, her previous credits include design work for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando, prop design for Walt Disney Imagineering, and set design for numerous NYC theatrical performances. She has also worked on unique projects ranging anywhere from The Bronx Zoo to a Circus in Times Square.