In addition to our testimonials, GeniusDV offers student profiles from graduates who have benefited from our training services. Here are a few recent profiles:
Marquis Wilson (Freelance Editor/Videographer, Dallas, TX)
Matt Stevens (Audio/Video Engineer, South Central Foundation, Anchorage, Alaska)
Roxy Hambleton (Video Biographer, Fort Myers, FL)
Dave Thompson (US Army Public Affairs, Houston, TX)
Greg Minet (Marketing Director, United Tel Com, Dodge City, KS)
Eduard Gfeller (Consultant, Winter Park, FL)
Benjamin Lowell (TV Production Instructor, Orlando, FL)
Mara Woosley (Multimedia Tech, Hodges University, Naples, FL)
Meredith Muse (TV Production Instructor, Kissimmee, FL)
The following testimonials are from Avid Media Composer, After Effects, and Final Cut Studio users who have taken training from GeniusDV. Testimonials can be read in their entirety by clicking on each individual link.
- Bayada Home Health Care - Burlington, NJ: "The training was one of the best hands on training sessions I have attended. Alex set me at ease and was very helpful in translating technical information into layman's terms. Alex made himself available before and after the sessions which spoke volumes - he took the time to sit with me after the session had ended to share additional features of Final Cut Pro. I would definitely recommend training from GeniusDV to others - especially under Alex's facilitation."I thought Alex was great. He had a relaxed and inviting way of facilitating. He was always open to questions and gave helpful and encouraging feedback. He was very knowledgeable but was able to deliver the information in a way we could all understand and apply." Overall, as a group we all agree that the training was excellent and we would recommend your company in the future to our colleagues and friends!
"I was very satisfied with Alex from Genius DV Institute. He had a very relaxed and calm demeanor about him that made me feel comfortable. I never hesitated to ask him questions, even if I thought they were dumb. He created a safe atmosphere that allowed us to share our ideas with him and each other without the fear of looking stupid if something didn't work right. He had a perfect balance of hands-on learning and learning through watching him. This was by far one of the most effective training sessions I have had, and I believe Alex had a lot to do with that."
- Lauren Adams, General Manager, KUCB Radio, Unalaska, Alaska: "After upgrading our production computers from PC to Apple we needed staff training on Final Cut Pro and GeniusDV came all the way out to the Aleutian Islands to work with UCB staff and volunteers. Our instructor was enthusiastic, patient with our myriad of questions, and a wealth of information."
- Gentry Edwards, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Multimedia Group, Marietta, GA: "The instructors were extremely knowledgeable about every facet of the Final Cut Pro suite and they did a great job of splitting up our group into different proficiency levels so that everyone got as much as possible out of the training."
- Jefferson Moore, Kelly's Filmworks, Louisville, KY: "The 2-day learning experience was exactly what we needed, and our company will reap benefits from the training for years to come. There will be no hesitation in calling on GeniusDV for all our future training needs."
- Teresa Clanton, Audiovisual Production, Bureau of Prisons, Aurora, Colorado: "We enjoyed the training we had with GeniusDV. Our instructor was very knowlegeable and willing to work with our schedule and specific needs. Out of all the courses I have taken, GeniusDV provided the best for our needs."
- Jennifer Golden, Director of Public Affairs, Elliot School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington DC: "Our instructor was extremely informative and patient with a team of people who were completely new to video editing. He tailored the sessions to meet our needs and worked diligently to help us address our technical deficiencies."
- Anna Davalos, Executive Producer, Energy Now, Clean Skies Network, Washington, DC: "GeniusDV explained everything in simple terms, answered questions without getting frustrated or upset, and left us feeling like we could edit anything. I'd recommend GeniusDV to anyone!"
- Susan Lindenmuth, Public Relations Manager, Estero Fire & Rescue, Estero, Florida: "The training from GeniusDV was easy to understand and follow. The instructor took time to answer all of our questions and 'what if' scenarios. He was patient and we walked away not only having a better understanding of our own equipment but also the confidence to use it professionally and creatively"
- Josh Casson, Director of Operations, Doulos Productions, Warner Robbins, Georgia: "We have tried many different training opportunities but none of them compare to GeniusDV. Our instructor had the best attitude to provide a very pleasureable and knowledge filled experience. He redesigned the class to fit our particular needs. We would recommend GeniusDV to anyone."
- Kari Russell, Witchita, Kansas: "It was a huge advantage to be able to customize my training program according to my exact needs, and not waste time on processes I already knew or wouldn't have use for."
- Frank Coccaro, Director of Media Productions, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada: "After more than a decade of using AVIDs, my staff was intimidated by the though of jumping into Final Cut Pro. Our instructor's teaching style helped the staff realize how intuitive FCP is. He was open to questions and always made sure they understood the topic before going on to another one. Because of his own AVID background, he explained answers to them in a way they could quickly relate."
- Jake Rumanek, Project Coordinator, American Society of Radiologic Technologists, Albuquerque, New Mexico: "We learned a great deal in five days of training and the quality of our video productions in just a short time has improved dramatically and our videos have a more professional, cutting edge look to them that we couldn't have achieved without the help of GeniusDV."
- Steve Warren, Coordinating Producer, Sports Time Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio: "GeniusDV was able to tailor a training syllabus that got the beginners up to speed quickly and taught the old dog some new tricks. Our instructor was great to work with and knowing that the answers to any new questions that pop up are just a phone call away really made our experience with GeniusDV worthwhile."
- Jon Mendelsohn, MD FACS, Medical Director Advanced Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center, Cincinnati, Ohio: "My instructor had a great deal of information to share with me, and I would highly recommend this training to others. They have also been great about recommendations and strategies for capturing content and archiving."
- Tony Peist, Modern Video Productions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: "The knowledge I gained through your patience and expertise is invaluable."
- Dr Leigh Browning, West Texas A&M University, Canyon, Texas: "Our instructor took the time to get to know us and our post production workflow. He skipped lessons that would have been a waste of our time and focused on teaching us a skillset that we could take with us and use to our benefit."
- Brett Billings, Senior Field Producer, Video Production, US Fish & Wildlife Service, National Conservation Training Center, Shepherdstown, West Virginia: "Thanks to GeniusDV for giving us a 'made to order' 2 day session troubleshooting our problem areas. By tailoring the session to our budget, needs and timeframe, you made yourself indispensable."
- Michael Weinman, Director of Media, Wyoming Football, Laramie, Wyoming: "Our training from GeniusDV incorporated tools and tricks that we continue to use everyday. The hands-on training and being able to ask questions made a difference in the way we learn. It helped us tremendously in our workflows and efficiency."
- Matthew Bartoli, Valencia Community College, Orlando, Florida: "The training at GeniusDV made a huge improvement on the quality of my video as well as the speed of my workflow. I look forward to doing more training and am definitely recommending GeniusDV to my industry friends."
- Marilyn Roder, Assistant to Technology Director, Tuscarwas-Carroll-Harrison ESC, New Philadelphia, Ohio: "The training at GeniusDV is one of the best I have been to. If we ever need more FCP training, GeniusDV will be the one we call."
- Debbie Rein, Osceola High School, Clearwater, Florida: "My training at GeniusDV was awesome. I can't wait to share with my students everything I learned at Genius, they are the best!"
Wyldeck, Australia: "The professional feedback and rapid response have
been priceless to what I'm trying to achieve. I love your daily news
snippets that you provide on your website. I check it every day and
find it interesting and useful in my day to day routine."