With time permitting, these topics are incoporated into GeniusDV's 2 day SketchUp Course.
These topics introduce advanced modeling, tools, and project management. You will learn how and when to use styles, how to create your own Styles, the use of scenes for project views or to be used as keyframes for animations, create sun studies with precise geographic location, how and when to use shadows texture mapping, Using LayOut for advanced project presentation techniques and combining everything together with Google Earth. Everything you need to know to efficiently design and present your project - anyway you want.
SketchUp is a powerful tool for communicating 3D design concepts in professional workflows. The advanced topics course is designed for experienced SketchUp users who want to investigate advanced topic areas including working with CAD, creating curved surfaces and employing advanced presentation techniques for SketchUp models. Detailed instruction in the use of Google LayOut for print presentations is provided. SketchUp's strength is its ability to integrate with other systems. Participants will be given a thorough review of the entire design environment.
If you are unfamiliar with SketchUp Pro and/or Layout check out the YouTube video to see what's possible.
You should already be able to:
• Define create basic geometric forms, including polygons, arcs and use more advanced features such as the FOLLOWME tool and TEXTURE TWEAKER.
• Use Groups and Components to isolate geometry, know the difference between a group and a component and understand component inferencing behavior and how to edit a component.
• Create materials and use the materials browser and libraries.
• Understand how to apply SketchUp Styles.
• Users should also have basic familiarity with use of LayOut for creating presentations.
Upon completion of this section, you should be able to:
• Photomatch from multiple images and integrate a model into a site photograph
• Create and manipulate Curved Forms
• Import and Export CAD
• Understand and employ Ruby Scripts
• Effectively create a massing interior and exterior model from a CAD file.
• Efficiently organize groups, components, and layers to increase model performance
• Leverage Advanced Presentation Techniques
• Understand the uses of the Section Tool
• Apply Styles to showcase and present models in unique ways
• Make compelling presentations with Google LayOut from Scenes and Styles created in SketchUp