This Final Cut Pro training class will get you up to speed quickly.
Final Cut Pro X provides revolutionary video editing features along with an incredible level of organizational features. The entire workflow is very Apple: simple, intuitive, and powerful.
- Motion 5: Motion helps expand the capabilities of FCP X to allow for sophisticated compositing, transitions and visual effects.
- Compressor 4: Compressor allows Final Cut Pro to convert finished videos to formats suitable for distribution.
Or, do you have a group of individuals that need to be trained for Final Cut Pro X, or Motion? Then check out our flat fee 'on-site' training pricing model.
*If you do not see our course schedule below, it's probably being blocked by a firewall. Please call 866-566-1881 for course schedule.
Day 1: FCP X - Interface - Organizing - Editing
- Interface Overview: Learn the Final Cut Pro X interface from the broad overview level down to those obscure by useful controls that are hiding in plain sight.
- Importing video into FCP X: Bring video into Final Cut Pro from a variety of sources. This includes media from a camera, tape, media cards, or archive sources.
- Media Management: Understanding the relationship between files at the disk level vs what you see in the FCP X interface.
- Organizing: Take what you've imported, apply keywords and use those keywords to find what you need.
- Editing: Learn how to build and refine a project using the editing features of Final Cut Pro X.
Day 2: FCP X- Audio - Video Effects - Color Correction
- Using Effects: Learn how to use presets such as blurs, glows and lens flares. Then learn how to make adjustments to the effect presets.
- Keying: Working with green screen elements, obtaining a clean key. Learn how to create the 'Pleasantville Effect'
- Animation: Creating keyframes and controlling attributes over time.
- Color Correction: Fix lighting problems, compare shots to make them look the same, and changing color characteristics to create a specific mood.
- Titling: Learn how to use titles and lower thirds to enhance your project.
Day 3: FCP X - Motion 5 - Compressor
- Introduction to Motion 5.0 interface windows
- Editing Final Cut Pro filters in Motion: Learn how to customize the pre-built filters within FCP X by using Motion 5.0.
- Editing FCP X transitions: Every built in transition within Final Cut Pro X is a Motion project. Learn how to use Motion to tweak the built-in transitions within Final Cut Pro X.
- Creating Generators: Learn how to create new video elements from scratch according to parameters that you set in Final Cut Pro X. Learn how to create visual patterns like flames, explosions, particle system, and visual elements such as muzzle flashes all within the FCP X timeline.
- Using Motion to edit pre-built titles
- Publishing Controls to Final Cut Pro X from Motion: With this new version of Motion, you can manipulate all of your Motion project's parameters directly from the Final Cut Pro X Inspector window. We will teach you how to dramatically speed up your editorial workflow by adding the controls you need into FCP X and saving a roundtrip to Motion.
Day 4: Apple Motion 5 - Animation and Compositing
- Managing Motion elements
- Workings with layers and objects
- Motion Effect Templates
- Motion Particles and Parameter Behaviors
- Advanced Motion Particle Design
- Using Blend Modes
- Audio and Markers
Day 5: Apple Motion 5 - Advanced Compositing, Generators, 3D Scenes
- 3D Camera
- Text Effects and Behaviors: Learn how to crate and build a kinetic text effect. You will also learn how to edit text on a motion path. We will teach you how to track and animate your text elements.
- Motion Coordinate System and Dynamic Guides
- After Effects - Compatible Plugins
- Java Script vs. Parameter Behaviors
- Rigs: Learn how to connect multiple control parameters to a master control, which which allows multiple parameters to be controlled universally by a master control.
- Advanced Keying: Learn how the advanced keying controls work within Motion 5.0.