After Effects Training
GeniusDV's three-day After Effects training class is designed for the beginning to intermediate user. This course will help you understand the fundamentals of animation and compositing. After Effects is an essential tool for any non linear video editor.
Read our testimonials about our customer's After Effects training experience.
*If you do not see our course schedule below, it's probably being blocked by a firewall. Please call 866-566-1881 for course schedule.
Here's what is included:
- 3 Days of Training (9am - 5pm)
- Hands-on exercise driven training for learning After Effects
- Classes capped at 6 students
- After Effects courseware and training media
- Framed Certificate of completion
- Ongoing Technical Support (phone, email)
- Free retakes
- Access to video tutorials
You will not find another training center offering this level of benefits for an After Effect's course. Check our schedule below or call 866-566-1881 (24 hours) for more information or to register.
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of Macintosh or PC computers, preferably running MAC OS 10 or Windows 7.
What you will learn in this After Effects Course:
• Master After FX's complex animation options, from basic keyframing to velocity control.
• Blend different images using masks, mattes and transfer modes.
• Build groups and hierarchies with parenting and nested composites.
• Create and manipulate 3D layers, cameras, and lights.
Day 1-Basic Animation and Compositing
- Getting started in After FX with some basic Animation Start out this class by building an opening title for a mythical detective show. This exercise is designed to demonstrate some of the major features of After Effects.
- Creating your own AE composition Next, you will learn how to set up your own compositions. This includes learning key shortcuts for navigating within the Comp and Timeline windows with After Effects. You'll also learn how to manage your work area and discover ways to preview your working animations.
- Learning the basics of keyframing in After FX Master several straightforward approaches to keyframing, learn how to manipulate them to represent certain After Effects properties over time. Key concepts include how to use motion paths and velocity with special keyframe assistants ( easy ease, motion sketch, and time reverse keyframes)
- Understanding Transformations Take your animated AE elements and integrate important properties such as scale, rotating and opacity changes. Learn how to change the anchor point around which transformations occur
Day 2-Layers, blending, and rotoscoping
- Working with video layers Learn the fundementals of working with After Effects layers. These skills including mastering the trimming techniques which include features such as splitting layers and slip edits.
- Manipulating time Explore various methods using time stretching, reversing, frame blending and motion blur techniques.
- Using After FX Modes, Masks and Mattes Explore how AE transfer modes work, including details on drawing, editing, and combining masks. Learn tricks on how to properly rotoscope an object, plus explore how smart mask interpolation works.
- Using Track Mattes Discover the use of using track mattes within After FX, which borrow the luminance or alpha channel of a layer to define the opacity of another layer.
- Using Stencils and the 'T' Use Stencils and Silhouettes, which affect the transparency of layers with an After FX composite. We will also show you the difference between the preserve transparency, and alpha add transfer modes.
Day 3-Cameras, 3D Compositing, Nesting, and Precomposing
- Cameras, Light and Actions within After Effects An introduction to how three dimensional space works within After FX. This includes working with different views within the After Effects composition menu
- Working with Cameras in After FX Learn how to create, edit and animate cameras within 3D space using After Effects. You will learn how to work with the default camera, and we will demystify the numerous camera control parameters within AE.
- Lighting in 3D using After Effects We will show you how to create, edit and manage the different lights within After FX. Discover the importance of material options and how they react with different types of lights.
- Parenting Skills within AE Learn the importance of using parenting to group individual After Effects layers. This allows you to apply an effect or motion parameter to a group of layers, while maintaining the effects within the individual layers themselves.
- Nesting and Precomposing Compositions Discover why it is critical to build advanced effects using multiple compositions. This will allow you to manage incredibly complicated effects structures with the ability to make changes
- Collapsing Transformations with After FX Learn an incredibly useful approach to maximizing image quality in a chain of composites, and why that process differs when compositions are made of 3D layers
- Importing and Outputting from After Effects Preserve maximum quality and flexibility as you bring various media types into and out of After FX.
- Wrap Up Take time to review important concepts that were covered in previous modules. The Instructor will review critical concepts and give everyone in the class time to finish any uncompleted exercises.