GeniusDV offers following Avid Certified Training Options
- LIVE online Avid Training ‘Critical Essentials’ (8 hours)
- LIVE online certified Avid Media Composer Full Course- most weeks available (M-F)
- Onsite Training (flat fee – unlimited individuals)
- Hands-On Training in Traditional Classroom (5 days)
- Optional: The full 5 day course is required if you wish to become an Avid Media Composer Certified User and/or Professional.
- Course pricing starts as low as ($400).
- Training may be broken up into multiple sessions/days
- Certified courses to become an Avid Certified User ($1950)
- Special Flat Fee available for OnSite Training
(unlimited # of individuals)
Call 24/7 to request a quote and/or schedule course times. Most dates and times are available.
|Certified Avid Media Composer Training|
Classroom Option - ORL, FL 9am-5pm
|Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|5 Day Avid Certified Course ($1950)|
|fundamentals 1||fundamentals 2|
GeniusDV’s certified Avid Media Composer training class is an in-depth training course that covers editing techniques and effects for Media Composer 8.X The course is designed for video editors and developers of interactive media.The class progresses through all the phases of creating a project, ingesting media, assembling and trimming sequences, editing audio, creating titles, and outputting a finished program.
Who Should Take This Course
This course covers Media Composer 8.X from the ground-up. However, even the most seasoned editor will learn tips and tricks not covered in the software documentation.
The majority of class time is based on an ‘exercise driven’ teaching model, which means you’ll get plenty of hands-on experience.
Course can also be customized to your unique workflow. Please call for details (866-566-1881)
The 5 day certified Media Composer Training Class features:
- Hands on exercise driven training
- Practice media and tutorials
- Avid certified courseware
- Official Framed Avid Certificate(s) of Completion
- Unlimited Access to Media Composer Online Training
- Ongoing Support (does not expire!)
- Small class size of 1 to 4 students (we do not cancel courses with only 1 individual)
- Avid Certification Exams – included in price (optional).
John Lynn is an Avid Media Composer instructor with 25 years of teaching experience. He is one of the world’s most coveted trainers, and is highly regarded as one of the best certified instructors available.
Avid Media Composer Course Overview
GeniusDV’s 5 day Media Composer course incorporates two certified Avid courses into one five day class. The official courses are:
- Avid Media Composer Fundamentals 1 (2 days)
- Avid Media Composer Fundamentals 2 (3 days)
You can also download the Media Composer course outline here.
The first two days (Avid Fundamentals 1) is the first step in achieving confidence, creativity, and efficiency with Avid Media Composer. This course provides the initial foundation for Media Composer User Certification.
This course will get you editing today with a built-in Quick Start guide covering the essential tools you need to start a basic project, assemble the story, and output to web — perfect for producers, journalists and corporate videographers. For those headed toward a career in post production, the second half of the course builds on the critical aspects of editing for news, documentary, commercial spots, and scripted narrative films.
Learn by doing with real-world projects. Start with the basics of 3-point editing and how to construct a sequence. Then move on to reworking scenes and trimming dialogue. Learn critical skills needed to work as an editor, including how to sync picture and sound from different sources, organize a project, manage media and metadata. Learn the tools and techniques to mix music and sound effects, create titles and transitions. Then deliver the program to specifications.
Avid Fundamentals 1 – 2 Days
Within first day of class, will learn how the Avid software thinks. This includes learning the Avid’s project hierarchy and how clips and sequences link back to raw media files. You will learn why the Avid’s proprietary media file system offers a huge
advantage over other non-linear editing systems. We will teach you the differences between clips, mediafiles, bins, sequences, and projects. We will show you how all these elements function and work together and where they are stored. Within the first day of class, you will learn the skills to be proficient in putting together a sequence.
- Introduction to Media Composer
- Organizing a Project and Adjusting User Settings
- Importing Media and Preparing to Edit
- Building a Basic Sequence
- Drag and Drop Editing
- Refining a Sequence
- Mixing Audio Levels
- Using Transition Effects
- Using Segment Effects
- Combining Multiple Effects – Nesting
- Freeze Frames and Slow Motion Effect
- Chroma Key Effects
- Creating Titles
- Exporting Video
- Technical Fundementals
Learn how to work with synced dialog. This is an extremely important editing skill. You will get the opportunity to edit a REAL syndicated television show. We will show you the secrets to keeping your sequence(s) in sync. You will learn how to trim and create split edits that will help improve the flow of your edited project. We will show you how sync-locks work, and why they are important. You will also learn how to recover from a sequence that is out of sync and how to repair it.
After you complete this section of the class, you will discover how locators work and how they can be used to your advantage. You will learn how segment mode works, and why it is different from three-point editing. We will cover some advanced trimming techniques including slipping and sliding segments.
The Avid software provides several ways to work with audio elements. You will learn how to adjust audio levels using the audio mix tool. You will also have time to experiment using the audio rubber band method of adjusting audio levels. Then you will have time to explore how the automation gain tool works. Learn how to add additional audio filters and effects to spice up your mix.
We will cover all of the functions available within the Avid Title tool, including how to create drop shadows, glows, and special effects using type. You’ll also learn how to create specialized templates and style sheets that will help give your project a consistent look.
Avid Fundamentals II – 3 Days
Day 3 is the start of Avid Media Composer Fundamentals II course. In this class you will learn the critical fundamentals of creating effects. Learn how to create custom transition effects that are easily accessible from the Avid interface.
You will learn how to work with multiple video layers. We’ll teach you how to create complex motion paths by creating templates.
You will learn how to use video filters. This includes learning about color correction, masks and image paint. We will teach you the critical fundamentals of the tracking system.
- Fundamentals and Beyond – Going Beyond HD – 4K
- Advanced Organizational Techniques
- Advanced Editing – Quick Editing Tools
- Trimming Dialog
- Advanced Audio Mixing and Filters
- Working with High Resolution Images
- Color Correction
- Advanced Re-timing Effects – Slow motion
- Tracking and Blurring Objects
- Creating Multi-Layer Effects
- Advanced Nesting
- Chroma Key Effects
- Animated Titles and Graphics
- Managing Project Media
- Output and Review