Base tuition for students entering in 2010 is $4700, inclusive of all applicable taxes. Tuition includes enrollment for all diploma-track courses, as well as the free course retakes and ongoing support outlined in the course catalog. Please note that students are responsible for having access to production equipment, which we can provide for an additional fee (details below).
Tuition is payable either in a lump sum or in two installments ($3000 upon enrollment, the balance upon completion of half of the diploma program).
The following additional fees may apply in special circumstances:
|Fee ||Amount ||Comments
|Camera Equipment Fee
||Waived if the student owns a camera capable of meeting the needs of the curriculum.
|Computer Equipment Fee
||Waived if the student owns a workstation capable of supporting the requirements of all diploma-track courses.
|Computer Software Fee
||This fee is required unless students prove that they already own current, licensed copies of the course software.
|Course Waiver Fee
||This fee is not required of diploma students unless they wish to waive a course.
|Additional Transcript Fee
||>Additional transcripts beyond three are subject to this fee.
|Credit Card Surcharge
||This surcharge is not required of students who pay by other means.
Sources of Financial Aid
We do not administer financial aid directly, but you may be able to procure aid through some third-party sources:
- Veterans of the Armed Forces may be eligible for Veterans' Training funding (including GI Bill). Please contact us at 866-566-1881 for more information.
- People who are between jobs and businesses seeking training for their employees may be eligible for Workforce Florida funding.
- Former GeniusDV students are likely eligible for course waivers, which would reduce their governing tuition requirement (see Course Waivers, next).
We recognize that our diploma may appeal to people who are already skilled in one or more areas of instruction. Since our curriculum differs substantially from Florida's standardized course numbering system, we do not accept transfer credits from other institutions without a course waiver assessment. The same course waiver assessment allows people who have acquired skills informally to receive credit for their abilities.
The Course Waiver process takes a few steps:
- Contact your academic advisor to apply for a waiver. A nonrefundable $100 assessment fee applies.
- Sit an exam equivalent in content and scope to the final exam for the course you wish to waive. If you do not pass the examination, your waiver will be denied.
- Demonstrate your skills in the subject area to an instructor or qualified lab assistant. The demonstration session normally lasts one hour. If your demonstrated skills do not adequately reflect the breadth and depth of the course, your waiver will be denied.
Once we grant your course waiver, we will credit your account for a portion of your tuition equivalent to the relative weight of the course that was waived.