The Diploma program integrates intensive, hands-on technical instruction in every part of the video workflow. Between classroom instruction and supervised lab experience, the curriculum prepares students to effectively:
- Acquire footage using effective lighting, blocking, and camera settings
- Ingest, log, and organize footage
- Edit footage into coherent program form, and title the program
- Create motion graphics
- Composite still and video elements in two and three dimensions
- Produce a soundtrack to an adequate professional standard
- Color grade and relight footage for consistency and artistic effect
- Compress intermediate video for delivery via web, broadcast, or physical media
- Build an appropriate delivery vehicle for that video
Graduates will be equally well-situated to enter the video industry in a wide range of roles. Graduates might:
- Establish their own production houses
- Take employment in a skilled video production role at most video communication companies
- Take employment outside the video industry as a video specialist
- Further specialize in a specific production role that appeals to them
For complete details, be sure to take a look at our Course Catalog. If you're interested in learning more, we hope you'll give us a call and let us send you an information pack.
Credential and License
Our inaugural diploma-track program consists of 256 hours of instruction, and awards a state-licensed Diploma in Video Production. Since the hours may be completed largely at the student's leisure, the course of study could be completed in as few as six weeks or as many as three years.
The GeniusDV Institute's Diploma in Video Production is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400, toll-free telephone number (888)224-6684.
Equal Opportunity Organization
The GeniusDV Institute extends equal opportunity to all qualified candidates in both its hiring and admission processes. The Institute does not in any circumstance discriminate between or against faculty, staff, students, or prospective students on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Institute will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate students with special needs.